Conference Dates MAY 18-20, 201
Pre-Registration is now closed, but we welcome you to register at the door:
At-The-Door Rate $149
Single Day Rate $75
Azusa Pacific University // West Campus // Felix Event Center
701 E. Foothill Blvd.
Azusa, CA 91702
Location Map Directions: Exit the 210 Freeway at Citrus Avenue, and turn North toward the mountains. Continue past the APU East Campus. Turn left on Foothill Blvd and continue for 1/4 mile. The APU West Campus will be on your right. Registration is located inside the Felix Event Center.
Where do I park?
On the West Campus, park in Lot G or Lot H. Avoid any spots marked Faculty/Staff.
I’m staying in the dorms. Where should I go first?
Generally, you should come to West Campus first to check-in, and then proceed to East Campus to find your room, but there are exceptions if you are arriving very early or late. Please Consult the Housing Page for check-in hours.
What is the registration price at the door?
$149 – On-Site Registration
$75 – One-Day Rate
How do I pre-register for the One-Day Rate?
Enter Promotional Code “THUonly”, “FRIonly,” or “SATonly” to display the $75 one-day rate for the day of your choice.
Can I Bring A High School Age Student?
We partner with the APU Center for Vocational Ministry to offer a High School Track for students who feel a calling to vocational ministry. The track takes place Saturday only. Teens register separately through APU and must attend with a youth worker who is also registered for UYWI. Register Here for High School Track
(Note: Minors can not be accommodated in the on-campus dorm housing.)
Cancellation/Transfer Policy: If you cannot attend, your registration is transferable to another person, but it is not refundable. (If you have also reserved dorm housing, please note you will need to cancel/change your housing separately from your registration.) The replacement person can just show up at the check-in desk and tell the check-in volunteer who they are replacing.
What’s included in the registration price?
The price includes all workshops and general sessions, plus a Saturday grab-and-go Breakfast, and Saturday Lunch. All other meals are on your own, and there are several restaurants nearby.
Minors: Due to Azusa Pacific University Policy, we must prohibit minors from attending the conference unless they are accompanied by their parent or legal guardian, or unless they are registered participants in the High School Track, led by the APU Center for Vocational Ministry.
On-Campus Dorm Housing
Dorm rooms are an affordable housing option on the APU East Campus, less than a mile away from the NEW conference venue on the APU West Campus.
Reserve Dorm Housing
1. Partner Hotel: Holiday Inn West Covina – KING ROOMS STILL AVAILABLE
- 3223 E. Garvey Avenue North, West Covina, CA 91791 (MAP). 15 minute drive from the APU West Campus.
$99 + tax Double Room. Includes breakfast. – $164+ tax now that the group rate has expired. Reserve Online Here. Use Group Code: URB Deadline: April 26, 2017 for the group rate.
2. Partner Hotel: Fairfield Inn and Suites Los Angeles West Covina – KING ROOMS STILL AVAILABLE
- 3211 E. Garvey Avenue North, West Covina, CA 91791 (MAP)
$92 + tax – Double or King Room. Includes breakfast. $189-$209 + tax now that the group rate has expired.
- (626) 678-8988 – Call for Reservations and
ask for the special rate for “UYWI” Deadline: April 24, 2017 for the group rate.
- 15 minute drive from APU West Campus.
3. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia – Pasadena Area
- 924 West Huntington Drive, Monrovia, California, 91016
- Shuttle service to APU available 7am-8pm daily, (limited availability)
- Call 626-357-1900 for reservations.
$129 – $139 if you mention attending a conference at APU.$199-$209 King
- 15 minute drive from APU West Campus, freeway-close, and near Pasadena.
4. Best Western Plus – ONLY A FEW ROOMS LEFT
- Call 626-915-1611
- 3275 E. Garvey Ave N. , West Covina, CA 91791
- $107 – $126 – if you mention you’re attending a conference at APU.
- 15 minute drive from APU West Campus
5. Hampton Inn West Covina – HAS AVAILABILITY
- Call 626-967-5800
- $125 -$145 if you mention you’re attending a conference at APU.
- 15 minute drive from APU West Campus
Tips for Groups : Hotel vs. On-Campus Housing
- A hotel may be the more affordable option for groups of 3 or more. Hotels charge per-room, and dorm rooms charge per-person, $39/night. As such, a solo traveller or pair of guests can get less expensive accommodations in the dorm, but a group of three or four willing to share a hotel room may find that option more affordable.
- Keep in mind that you will need a car or Uber to get back and forth to the campus from the hotel, about 15 minutes away.
- We offer a free shuttle for dorm guests between the Dorms and the APU West Campus.
- Breakfast is included at the hotel. For on-campus housing guests, breakfast is only offered on Saturday morning.
High Point, highpointgo.com provides travel discounts to ministries, specializing in travel for groups of 10 or more via Air, Bus or Van. They can also help individuals with discounted airfare.
Fly into LAX (50+ minute drive) or ONT (25+ minute drive).
How do I get to APU from the Airport?
Airport shuttles are not provided by UYWI. Here are a few ground transportation options from LAX and ONT. (Prices are approximate, for comparison only.)
|LAX Airport||Ontario Airport (ONT)|
|Public Transit||LAX FlyAway Bus (LAX to Union Station) – $9
Metro Gold Line (Union Station to APU/Citrus College Station) – $1.75
Walk about 1/2 mile to APU West Campus
Transit Time: Approx. 2 hours
Cost: $10.75/person each way
Search Google Transit Directions for options and schedules.
|Search Google Transit Directions for options and schedules|
|Drive Time to APU||50 minutes +||25 minutes +|
Shared Ride Van
|$52 first passenger + $9 additional passenger, each way||$45 first passenger + $9 additional passenger, each way|
|UberX or Lyft
Discount code for your first ride:
|$55-73 One Way www.uberestimate.com
Prices can vary during peak hours
|$29 -38 One Way www.uberestimate.com
Prices can vary during peak times.
|$108 plus gas||$168 plus gas|
Do I need a car during my stay in Azusa?
If you’re staying in the dorms, the conference is less than a mile walk from your dorm room, and we will provide a shuttle between the East Campus (dorms) and the West Campus (conference events).
If you’re staying at a nearby hotel, we highly recommend a car. The Fairfield Inn West Covina is a 16 minute, 5.4 mile drive. Uber would cost approximately $8-12 each way, and rates can vary at peak times.
BOOTHS & SPONSORSHIP
Contact Maria Cortez, Maria@uywi.org if you are interested in becoming an event sponsor.
What’s Included? Your booth purchase includes a booth space, one (6ft) table with two chairs, and two “Exhibitor” conference registration badges. You may request a table linen at no additional cost.
Who Will Be There? The conference is expected to attract 1,500 Urban Youth Workers from all over the US.
Deadline: Please purchase your booth by March 14, 2017.
Schedule: The conference runs from 9am Thursday May 18 through 5pm Saturday May 20th. A more detailed Exhibit Hall schedule will be sent to you closer to the event, but generally you should expect to have your booth open from Thursday morning through Saturday afternoon. See Conference Schedule.
How to Signup For a Booth: Contact Maria Cortez, Maria@uywi.org if you are interested in a booth space.