Conference Dates MAY 19-21, 2016
Azusa Pacific University // West Campus // Felix Event Center
701 E. Foothill Blvd.
Azusa, CA 91702
Location Map Directions: Exit the 210 Freeway at Citrus Avenue, and turn North toward the mountains. Continue past the APU Main Entrance (East Campus). Turn left on Foothill Blvd. The APU West Campus will be on your right. Registration is located inside the Felix Center.
Where do I park?
On the West Campus where the conference is taking place, park in Lot G or Lot H. Avoid any spots marked Faculty/Staff.
I’m staying in the dorms. Where should I go first?
Please Consult the Housing Page for check-in hours. The answer to that question depends on what time you’re arriving.
What is the registration price at the door?
$149 – On-Site Registration
$75 – One-Day Rate
How do I pre-register for the One-Day Rate?
Enter Promotional Code “THUonly”, “FRIonly,” or “SATonly” to display the $75 one-day rate for the day of your choice.
Cancellation/Transfer Policy: If you cannot attend, your registration is transferable to another person, but it is not refundable. (If you have also reserved dorm housing, please note you will need to cancel/change your housing separately from your registration.) The replacement person can just show up at the check-in desk and tell the check-in volunteer who they are replacing.
What’s included in the registration price?
The price includes all workshops and general sessions, plus a Saturday grab-and-go Breakfast, and Saturday Lunch. All other meals are on your own, and there are several restaurants nearby.
Minors: Due to Azusa Pacific University Policy, we must prohibit ALL minors from attending the conference unless they are accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
On-Campus Dorm Housing
Dorm rooms are an affordable housing option on the APU East Campus, less than a mile away from the NEW conference venue on the APU West Campus.
Reserve Dorm Housing
Our partner hotel is the Fairfield Inn and Suites Los Angeles West Covina, or click here for more hotels near APU.
Fairfield Inn and Suites Los Angeles West Covina
- 3211 E. Garvey Avenue North, West Covina, CA 91791 (MAP)
- $86 + tax – Double or Standard King (plus tax)
- (626) 678-8988 – Call for Reservations. (Discount not available online.) Ask for the special rate for “UYWI” or “Urban Youth Workers Institute National Conference”
- Includes Continental Breakfast and Free WiFi.
- Reservations must be made my May 3, 2016.
- 15 minute drive from APU West Campus.
Tips for Groups : Hotel VS On-Campus Housing
- A hotel may be the more affordable option for groups of 3 or more. Hotels charge per-room, and dorm rooms charge per-person, $39/night. As such, a solo traveller or pair of guests can get less expensive accommodations in the dorm, but a group of three or four willing to share a hotel room may find that option more affordable.
- Keep in mind that you will need a car or Uber to get back and forth to the campus from the hotel, about 15 minutes away.
- We offer a free shuttle for dorm guests between the Dorms and the APU West Campus.
- Breakfast is included at the hotel. For on-campus housing guests, breakfast is only offered on Saturday morning.
Fly into LAX (45 minute + drive) or ONT (25 minute + drive).
How do I get to APU from the Airport?
Airport shuttles are not provided by UYWI. Here are a few ground transportation options from LAX and ONT. (Prices are approximate, for comparison only.)
|LAX Airport||Ontario Airport (ONT)|
|Drive Time to APU||45 minutes +||25 minutes +|
(Shared Ride Van)
|$52 first passenger + $9 additional passenger. One Way.||$45 first passenger + $9 additional passenger. One Way.|
|UberX or Lyft||$55-73 One Way www.uberestimate.com
Prices can vary during peak hours
|$29 -38 One Way
Prices can vary during peak times.
|$108 plus gas||$168 plus gas|
Do I need a car during my stay in Azusa?
If you’re staying in the dorms, the conference is less than a mile walk from your dorm room, and we will provide a shuttle between campuses, with limited hours of operation. If you have limited mobility or want more flexibility in your schedule, you might consider a rental car.
If you’re staying at a local hotel, we highly recommend a car. The Fairfield Inn West Covina is a 16 minute, 5.4 mile drive. Uber would cost approximately $8-12 each way but rates can vary at peak times.
Contact Maria Cortez, Maria@uywi.org if you are interested in becoming an event sponsor.
What’s Included? Your booth purchase includes a booth space, one (6ft) table with two chairs, and two “Exhibitor” conference registration badges. You may request a table linen at no additional cost.
Who Will Be There? The conference is expected to attract 1,500-2,000 Urban Youth Workers from all over the US.
Deadline: Please purchase your booth by March 15, 2016.
Schedule: The conference runs from 9am Thursday May 19 through 5pm Saturday May 21st. A more detailed Exhibit Hall schedule will be sent to you closer to the event, but generally you should expect to have your booth open from Thursday morning through Saturday afternoon. See Conference Schedule.
How to Signup For a Booth: Contact Maria Cortez, Maria@uywi.org if you are interested in a booth space.