13800 Biola Ave
La Mirada, CA 90639
Construction Alert: Avoid Valley View near the 5 Freeway. Traveling from the South: Beach Blvd or Artesia Blvd are good alternatives. Traveling from the North: Carmenita to Rosecrans is a good route.
This Alternate Route Map offers a route between the Holiday Inn La Mirada and Biola University that avoids the construction on Valley View.
Q: Where do I park?
A: Park in the big parking structure near the Gym, Lot S, or Lot R, under the Soccer Field.
ACCOMMODATIONS & MEALS
Housing on University Campus ($48/person/night includes meals)
- Dorm housing is available for men and women for $48 per person per night, including all meals. A limited quantity of apartments are available for couples and families.
Reserve University Housing
Holiday Inn La Mirada – ($112)
- King and Double Rooms Available
- Free WiFi
- Breakfast available at an additional cost (*Note: We recommend a commuter meal pass, below.)
- 8 minute drive from Biola University / Free Parking
- Update 4/22: The group discount code for online reservations has now expired. However, if you call Adrianna at 714-690-2108, she will honor our group rate, pending availability. Group code: UYC
Reserve Holiday Inn (by April 15) Or dial 877.666.3243. Group code UYC.
Construction Alert: There is substantial construction on Valley View, near the Holiday Inn La Mirada, causing congestion and slowing. Here’s a route between Biola and Holiday Inn to avoid the construction zone.
Commuter Meal Pass ($27 Includes All Meals)
- Hotel guests and local attendees are encouraged to purchase a Commuter Meal Pass to cover all your meals during the conference in the Biola Cafeteria or the UYWI Festival Area.
Commuter Meal Pass
Alaska Airlines Discount Code
- Book online at http://alaskaair.com
- Meeting Name: UYWI
- Meeting Fare Code: ECMZ606. Input the Discount Code when searching for flights.
- Elibile for flights departing from the US, Canada, or Mexico and arriving to Los Angeles (LAX), Orange County (SNA), Burbank (BUR) or Ontario (ONT)
- Travel dates can range from May 11th to May 25th.
Airport shuttles are not provided by UYWI. Here are a few ground transportation options. (Prices are approximate for comparison only.)
Q: Will I need a rental car?
- Dorm Guests: NO. The dorm is centrally located on campus near all conference activities and food.
- Apartment Guests: MAYBE. Couples and families who signup for University Housing will be placed in an apartment complex about a 1/2 mile from campus. There is no shuttle, so you may benefit from a car.
- Holiday Inn Guests: MAYBE. There is a free shuttle to/from Biola at key times throughout the conference. Some may prefer a car or Uber/Lyft for greater flexibility.
- Other Hotel Guests: Other hotels do not have shuttles and are not in walking distance. You will need a car or Uber/Lyft.
LAX – Los Angeles International Airport – 40 minutes
- SuperShuttle $48 first person, $9 each additional
- Uber/Lyft – $33-43 one way
- Rental Car – $180, plus gas
LGB Long Beach Airport – 25 minutes
- Uber/Lyft – $18-$24 one way
- Rental Car – $180, plus gas
SNA John Wayne Airport/Orange County – 30 minutes