Volunteers make it all happen! Join our Volunteer Team for the UYWI National Conference, taking place May 17-19, 2018 (setup on May 16th) at Biola University in La Mirada, CA.
We are especially seeking a core team of full-time volunteers: people who can start on Wednesday or early Thursday morning, and who can be dedicated to serving throughout the conference in a variety of areas. We also have opportunities to plug in some short-term volunteers for specific shifts.
Volunteer Needs Include:
- Workshop/Training Team*
- Registration Team
- Crowd Control* & Hospitality: Giving Directions
- Exhibit Hall
- Festival – Camera Operators
*Training Team and Crowd Control are great roles for people who also want to hear workshops. The next biggest need for volunteers is Registration. Some people may serve on more than one team through the weekend as needs arise.
Volunteer Options & Benefits
- Full-time Volunteers are people who come exclusively to volunteer, have open availability from Wed afternoon or early Thursday morning through Saturday evening, and don’t mind missing conference activities to be behind the scenes. UYWI will cover your registration, meals, and your housing on-campus if you are not local.
- Attendee Volunteers are youth workers who want to attend the conference while also volunteering on the Workshop or Crowd Control Team. UYWI will cover your registration cost (or refund it if you already registered), but not meals or housing. You will be able to participate in many conference events, although there may be a few times when you need to leave a session 15 minutes early, or arrive a few minutes after an event begins, because you’re helping facilitate the transitions.
- Short-Term Exclusive Volunteers – This category is for people who come exclusively for the purpose of volunteering, but whose availability is less than full-time, (for example, coming to help with Saturday lunch.) You will have no registration cost.